Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Go Penguins!

I try to keep this blog as politically correct as possible, with historic photos and articles on Youngstown's redevelopment, but that is not always possible. On that note, I present two instances where I recently have seen some representation of the Youngstown State Penguins in my travels. The first was at a friend's graduation from Loyola University of Chicago this past weekend. Low and behold, hanging from the rafters of LUC's Gentile Center was a red and white banner celebrating, or perhaps simply showing, YSU's participation in the Horizon League basketball conference. There is nothing I appreciated more than seeing a little bit of home 400 miles away.

The second time was just yesterday when I happened to be at the barber shop. Of course no self respecting barber would dare open his shop without a fine selection of magazines to keep waiting customers happy. On this particular day, the latest issue of Maxim happened to be out. While I am generally more interested in the random facts and party jokes, I happened to open to page 32 to find June's 'Campus Cutie.'

Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------

From Maxim Online
Chill out with this sexy Penguin from Youngstown State.
Name: Heather
Birthdate: June 28, 1983
School: Youngstown State University
Major: Business
Future Job: Start my own makeup company

No comments: